- Iowa has big-bodied players but they’re not the quickest. Ran a lot of side pick-and-rolls right away in first half.
- Iowa’s Isaiah Moss had 7 points in his last game and no points the game before. Against Nebraska, he hit six of his first eight shots for 15 points in the first half alone.
- Ed Morrow and Michael Jacobson don’t have the best vision in traffic, which is something both will need to continue working on going forward.
- Glynn Watson Jr. and Jeriah Horne were 5-of-8 from the 3-point line at half for Nebraska.
- The Huskers had nine assists on 15 made shots.
- Iowa’s Peter Jok had four points on 2-of-7 shooting but coming into the game he averaged a Big Ten best of 22.1 points.
- Huskers kicked off the second half with a pump-up video featuring a freak out moment by Iowa head coach Fran McCaffrey, which was immediately followed up by a Tim Miles ‘Deal With It’ clip.
- Jack McVeigh came into the game at 13:31 because of Isaiah Roby’s third foul.
- Evan Taylor had two chances at the line to give Nebraska the win but couldn’t make either shot.
- Tai Webster picked up his fourth foul.
- Iowa is going to Peter Jok in the block. He is two inches taller than Webster.
- Nebraska was perfect from the free throw line (6-6) in the first overtime.
- Webster played 49 minutes tonight and played great defense down to the final whistle.
Jacob is in his third year with Hail Varsity covering Husker athletics. He has also written extensively for SB Nation’s Bright Side of the Sun and The Creightonian. His love of basketball can best be described as an obsession and if you need to find him, he’s probably in a gym somewhere watching, coaching or playing hoops.