One recruiting trend that has taken off around college football is having an early Junior Day event on your campus. Now that players entering their senior year of high school can take official visits in the spring, it makes sense to have these events early to get a jumpstart on the class.
— Kevon Billingsley (@nolimitkevooo) January 13, 2019
Nebraska is no different. The Huskers will host one on Feb. 2 (the last weekend before National Signing Day for the 2019 class on Feb. 6). Nebraska has already done a great job of hosting a lot of 2020 players during last season.
There are players who are already confirming that they will be in attendance for the event. As Hail Varsity confirms new names attending, we will continue to update this list.
Here are the confirmed names that will attend Nebraska’s Junior Day:
- 4-star offensive tackle Turner Corcoran
- 4-star defensive end Kevon Billingsley
- 4-star wide receiver Zavier Betts
- 4-star defensive back Antonio Johnson
- 3-star offensive lineman Jalen St. John
- 3-star offensive tackle Jeffrey Persi
- 3-star wide receiver Bryce Gowdy
- 3-star tight end Jonathan Odom
- 3-star wide reciever Xavier Watts
- 3-star running back Deondre Jackson
- Defensive end Noah Arinze
- Defensive end Cooper Davis
- Defensive back Dontae Manning
- 2021 lineman Gabriel Rubio
- 2021 defensive end Travion Ford
Greg is the Recruiting Analyst for Hail Varsity and has covered Husker athletics since 2013. He has always had a passion for sports while growing up in the Chicago area. As he got older and had to hang up his cleats and sneakers, he realized his passion for sports went beyond just watching and attending games. He has covered many events from the Rose Bowl to championship boxing matches. If he’s not talking sports, he’s hovering over his grill. He is married to an amazing woman, Kim, and they have a dog that barks when Greg yells at the TV during games.