College football's first early signing period is here. What will it be like? We're about to find out.
Eager recruits have already started faxing in their letters of intent – they can do so starting at 7 a.m. local time – but they have until 11:59 p.m. on Friday to make their decision and sign on the dotted line.
Or they can wait until February, though it seems like most pundits are expecting the traditional signing day to feel a bit like the post-holidays bargain bin at a major department store. There will still be some gems and very good finds left after this three-day stretch, but everybody's rushing to get what they want right now.
As for Nebraska we expect most of the Husker commits to sign on Wednesday, but this is recruiting. The only surprise would be no surprises.
We'll be updating this post throughout the day with links to our stories and moving players into the "Signed" category once the deal is done. The best way to track the day's developments, however, is over on our Premium thread.
- David Alston's Coach on the Husker Signee: 'On the field he's a freak.'
- Frost on Cameron Jurgens: 'An elite talent'
- Huskers' Preferred Walk-Ons Class Offers Plenty of Potential
- Frost Takes Measured Approach to Manic Early Signing Period
- Huskers Hold Off Tennessee, Land RB Greg Bell
- 3-Star TE Katerian Legrone Follows Frost to Lincoln
- 4-Star S Cam Jones Won't Be Signing Early (Premium)
- When Husker Recruits Are Expected to Sign
- List of Preferred Walk-On Commits
- Will Adrian Martinez Play Right Away? Maybe Not.
- Hot Reads: Early Signing Entropy
- What to Expect from Early Signing
* Nebraska verbal commit entering today
TE Katerian Legrone
OL Will Farniok*
DB Deontai Williams*
RB Greg Bell
LB David Alston*
TE Cameron Jurgens*
K Barret Pickering*
DE Tate Wildeman*
WR Jaron Woodyard*
QB Adrian Martinez*
Expected to Sign with Nebraska
WR Justin McGriff* – Not expected to sign Wednesday
Could Sign with Nebraska
LB Will Honas
DB CJ Smith*
ATH Marcus Riley – Louisville
WR Jeshaun Jones - Maryland
Brandon is the Managing Editor for Hail Varsity and has covered Nebraska athletics for the magazine and web since 2012, Hail Varsity’s first season on the scene. His sports writing has also been featured by Fox Sports, The Guardian and CBS Sports.