Photo Credit: Eric Francis

Portal Lineman Walter Rouse, Three Days After Committing to Nebraska, Flips to Oklahoma

January 14, 2023

Nebraska’s latest offensive line addition won’t make it to classes. Former Stanford offensive lineman Walter Rouse announced on Saturday that he’s de-committing from Nebraska and will instead transfer to Oklahoma. That decision comes three days after his commitment to Nebraska.

In a statement, Rouse announced he told Oklahoma head coach Brent Venables on Friday that he’ll reverse course from Lincoln and play his final season at Oklahoma. Rouse said he will reveal more about his decision in an interview on Monday.

The 6-foot-6, 318-pound tackle has played 40 games throughout his four years of college football thus far. He chose Nebraska over Iowa and Oklahoma, all of which he attended for official visits in the last week. He was originally a 3-star prospect from Washington, D.C. with 37 offers, including visits also to Northwestern and Notre Dame. Nebraska extended a scholarship offer to him in high school.

Rouse was one of two offensive linemen Nebraska hosted on official visits last weekend, the other being former Baylor offensive lineman Micah Mazzcua. Mazzcua committed to Florida and now Rouse is headed to Oklahoma. The Huskers have hit the transfer portal to increase depth in the offensive line. So far, only former Arizona State center Ben Scott signed with Nebraska through the portal and is in line to play in Lincoln next season. Returning veteran offensive linemen for Nebraska are Turner Corcoran, Teddy Prochazka, Henry Lutovsky, Hunter Anthony, Ethan Piper and Bryce Benhart. Nebraska has also signed six offensive linemen out of high school as part of the 2023 recruiting class.

  • Never miss the latest news from Hail Varsity!

    Join our free email list by signing up below.

Tags:

Pinnacle Bank 600 x 300 Ad 1 2022

Hail Varsity January 2023 Cover

Never Miss Another Issue

Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap