Nebraska is set to host a bigger Junior Day this weekend. In total there are 16 uncommitted prospects with offers coming to Lincoln, including 2021 offensive line commit Henry Lutovsky. In another showing of Nebraska’s ability to recruit nationally, twelve different states are represented on the list.
The prospects with offers making their way to Lincoln this weekend is impressive. What stands out right away is how many of these prospects are making return trips to Lincoln. Within the offer group, Ryan Keeler, Tobechi Okoli, Avante Dickerson, TJ Bollers, Jaylin Noel and Seth Malcom have all been to campus at least once. Several prospects scheduled to be in Lincoln this weekend would be very welcome additions to the 2021 recruiting class. It’s quite the group coming to town. The prospect with the highest ceiling in the entire group could be 2022 running back Arlen Harris who is an impressive young running back.
It is always good to have a commit back in the mix to help peer recruit. Especially considering Lutovsky is close with priority targets Avante Dickerson, TJ Bollers and Seth Malcom who will all be in attendance.
Let’s breakdown where the prospects are in their recruitment.
Visitors with Offers
2021 DB Avante Dickerson (Omaha Westside/Nebraska)
Getting Dickerson on campus as much as possible is a priority for the Huskers. Being so close to home is a big advantage that needs to be taken advantage of. Another good visit could continue to put separation between the Huskers and his other top schools, LSU and Ohio State.
2021 OL Marcus Mbow (Wauwatosa East/Wisconsin)
The timing of a visit to Nebraska is key for Mbow. He just picked up an offer from Iowa, which sources say is one that he covets. Still, Nebraska will get a shot to make a move as the staff has been in regular contact with him. Since the Huskers have Teddy Prochazka and Henry Lutovsky firmly in the class, they can afford to be selective with lineman. Mbow (6-5, 285) would be a great addition.
2021 OLB TJ Bollers (Clear Creek Amana/Iowa)
Bollers and fellow Iowan Thomas Fidone are likely Nebraska’s top overall targets for the class of 2021. Nebraska has hosted Bollers several times including two game day visits last season. The hybrid outside linebacker intends to take an official visit to Nebraska this spring or summer. At this point the main competition is Wisconsin but Iowa State is a real dark horse here. Bollers told me he will be joined this time by his dad and younger brother.
2021 DL Ru'Quan Buckley (Godwin Heights/Michigan)
Nebraska has quietly been recruiting Buckley very hard. Buckley (6-6, 260) could be a prospect that sees his stock take off soon so it’s great the Nebraska has a big early lead with him. There is some split on if he is an offensive or defensive lineman at the next level. The Huskers are recruiting him for defensive line which is his preference.
2021 ILB Seth Malcom (Fremont-Mills/Iowa)
Malcom is one of the Iowa prospects that the Huskers have recruited for quite some time. He and his family have been to Lincoln a few times building a bond with defensive coordinator Erik Chinander. Malcom (6-3, 200) has recently visited Kansas State and has a lot of interest from regional schools. He’s an intriguing prospect coming from eight-man football.
Other visitors with offers:
- 2021 OL Commit Henry Lutovsky (Mount Pleasant/Iowa)
- 2021 DL Ryan Keeler (Nazareth Academy/Illinois)
- 2021 RB Caleb Berry (Luftin/Texas)
- 2021 DE Tobechi Okoli (Lincoln College Prep/Missouri)
- 2021 DB Kaleb Higgins (Folsom/California)
- 2021 DL Michael Mokofisi (Woods Cross/Utah)
- 2021 ILB Tyler McLaurin (Bolingbrook/Illinois)
- 2021 WR Jace Williams (Catholic Central/Michigan)
- 2021 WR Quenton Barnes (Cane Ridge/Tennessee)
- 2021 WR Jaylin Noel (Park Hill/Missouri)
- 2021 ILB Danny Stutsman (Foundation Academy/Florida)
- 2022 RB Arlen Harris (Lutheran of St. Charles/Missouri)
Visitors without Offers
The group of players coming to town without offers is also intriguing. Cooper Dejean and Heinrich Haarberg are certainly still in play for offers in the 2021 cycle. I’d be surprised if 2022 prospects Kaden Helms and Micah Riley aren’t offer guys soon.
- 2021 ATH Cooper DeJean (OA-BCIG/Iowa)
- 2021 OL Connor Tollison (Jackson/Missouri)
- 2021 QB Heinrich Haarberg (Kearney Catholic/Nebraska)
- 2021 RB Arland Bruce (Olathe North/Kansas)
- 2021 ILB Makhi Nelson (Elkhorn South/Nebraska)
- 2021 TE/OLB James Carnie (Norris/Nebraska)
- 2022 WR Kaden Helms (Bellevue West/Nebraska)
- 2022 TE Micah Riley (Bellevue West/Nebraska)