Drake Keeler is the Senior Sports Editor and Diversity and Inclusion Internal Chair for the Daily Nebraskan. He is also the first official guest of the Mind Your Own Podcast. Erin Sorensen and Sausha Durkan catch up with Drake on the DN’s Black Lives Matter project, get his perspective on events and media coverage over the last year and more.
You can read all of the pieces mentioned in this episode below:
- Black Lives Matter Part One: Lincoln’s Black history
- The BLM movement and UNL’s involvement in it: A timeline
- Divine Nine fraternities build legacy, brotherhood in Nebraska football
- Lincoln’s oldest Black-owned businesses find community, success
- Blues to beats: Lincoln’s Black musicians find harmony over time
- Clinton Ross and Nebraska’s near 40-year ban of Black athletes
Mind Your Own Podcast focuses on talking about sports, unless it doesn’t. Follow us on Twitter @erinsorensen and @sausha72. You can email us here.
Mind Your Own Podcast is a Hurrdat Media production.
Erin is the Deputy Editor and Digital Marketing Strategist for Hail Varsity. She has covered Nebraska athletics since 2012, which has included stops at Bleacher Report, Cox Media Group’s Land of 10, and even Hail Varsity (previously from 2012-2017). She has also been featured on the Big Ten Network, NET’s Big Red Wrap-Up, and a varsity of radio shows nationwide. When not covering the Huskers, Erin is probably at Chipotle.