Nebraska and Wisconsin are not rivals. Well, unless they are.
It’s a debate that has sparked plenty of conversations and even magazine covers. Nebraska had a rival in Oklahoma until the Big 8 became the Big 12. Colorado tried to fill the gap but it never fully took off before both schools departed for greener pastures. Now the Huskers are slowly finding the way in the Big Ten, which means a potential new rivalry is being formed.
Regardless of who Nebraska’s rival ends up being in the Big Ten (if anyone at all), the jabs between the Badgers and Huskers are at least good enough for a laugh. Without further adieu, as you prepare for kickoff, enjoy a few tweets between Nebraska and Wisconsin. Cheers to being rivals – or whatever this is.
How many more games will Nebraska win in the regular season? A lot will be determined by the end of the Huskers’ matchup with Wisconsin, but fans have been voting all week to determine what might happen.
As of 12:23 p.m. CT, 43 percent of fans felt Nebraska would win three more games during the regular season. Another 33 percent thought four more wins are out there, while a bold 15 percent said five. Of course there were a few who thought only one (1 percent) or two wins (eight percent) were left, but it seems Nebraska fans are confident enough in a few more wins during the regular season.
Time will tell.
THE GRAB BAG
Highlighting some of our top stories from the week:
- As always, it’s always a good idea to start with this week’s No Huddle video.
- Brandon Vogel looks at six numbers (Premium) to keep an eye on tonight, and also writes that all of the reasons people think Nebraska is overrated are the same reasons to think they’ll avoid another blowout in Madison.
- Jacob Padilla digs into the film to look at how Brandon Reilly made plays out of the slot last week (Premium).
- Want a different perspective on Drew Brown? Ask his niece and nephews about him.
- Looking for the Wisconsin perspective on things? We spoke with Jake Kocorowski of Bucky’s Fifth Quarter about the game and ran down the biggest stories of the week in Opposing View.
TODAY’S SONG OF TODAY