On the fourth and final installment of our four-part offseason preview, Greg Smith returns to share his thoughts on the defensive line and linebackers heading into 2018 and Brandon Vogel makes his grand debut on the podcast.
If you've missed any of the first three segments, you can listen to us discuss the passing game here, the secondary here and the running game here.
- 0:45: Brandon joins the True Crime Podcast
- 1:36: Touching on a few hospitalizations and how people have reacted
- 6:45: The first down defense was bad in 2017
- 10:08: Who gets the blame for the struggles? Bob Diaco or the players?
- 12:46: Where does the improvement come from in the front seven?
- 14:21: Will experiencing growing pains in the 3-4 in 2017 help in 2018?
- 16:30: Greg's thoughts on the currently committed linebackers and linemen
- 17:53: Who's next to be "all N?"
- 19:03: Assessing the field at linebacker
- 21:48: Is Ben Stille a defensive end or a linebacker?
- 23:21: What's more likely, the front seven as a strength or a crutch?
- 25:23: Greg buries the lead… again
- 27:18: Place your Super Bowl bets
Derek is a newbie on the Hail Varsity staff covering Husker athletics. In college, he was best known as ‘that guy from Twitter.’ He has covered a Sugar Bowl, a tennis national championship and almost everything in between (except an NCAA men’s basketball tournament game… *tears*). In his spare time, he can be found arguing with literally anyone about sports.