We don't have any football games on the horizon, and therefore no "views from the other side" to collect, but the podcast rolls on.
Hail Varsity's recruiting expert Greg Smith joins me as we begin a four-part miniseries previewing the 2018 Huskers. This week we're talking about the pass-catchers and the position that will undoubtedly draw the most buzz over the coming months: quarterbacks.
Next week, we'll discuss cornerbacks and safeties. The following week, running backs and the offensive line. We'll wrap things up on Feb. 2 with a look at the linebackers and defensive line.
- 1:00: Did you watch the National Championship?
- 2:18: Schedule for the next four weeks
- 2:51: A coach vs. media battle brewing?
- 6:25: General thoughts on Frost's first month of recruiting
- 7:48: Let's talk Adrian Martinez
- 11:20: Will there be attrition to the quarterback room?
- 12:36: Feelings about the WR room now compared to a month ago
- 14:01: Stanley Morgan Jr.'s return
- 14:52: The biggest threat among the newcomers to make an immediate impact?
- 17:16: Over/Under question one
- 18:00: Over/Under question two
- 18:42: Over/Under question three
Derek is a newbie on the Hail Varsity staff covering Husker athletics. In college, he was best known as ‘that guy from Twitter.’ He has covered a Sugar Bowl, a tennis national championship and almost everything in between (except an NCAA men’s basketball tournament game… *tears*). In his spare time, he can be found arguing with literally anyone about sports.