Nebraska football has finalized one-year contract extensions for nine of its 10 assistant coaches, as well as head football strength and conditioning coach Zach Duval. Their contracts now run through Dec. 31, 2022. Hail Varsity received the contracts Monday via a records request.
The only coach not to have his extension finalized when Hail Varsity received the contracts is defensive line coach Tony Tuioti. A Nebraska official said it was his understanding that the contract is just awaiting final signatures at this point. Tuioti’s contract currently runs through Dec. 31, 2021.
Most of the contracts were signed in late January. Outside of outside linebackers coach Mike Dawson, all salaries remain the same at this time. Dawson’s contract previously established an increase from $325,000 to $500,000 on March 1 of this year, and then to $550,000 on Jan. 1 of 2022. That was written into his contract when he re-joined the Nebraska staff in early 2020.
Here are the Nebraska staff salaries for 2021:
- Defensive coordinator Erik Chinander: $800,000
- Offensive coordinator Matt Lubick: $500,000
- Offensive line coach/run game coordinator Greg Austin: $500,000
- Defensive backs coach Travis Fisher: $450,000
- Running backs coach/recruiting coordinator Ryan Held: $400,000
- Tight ends coach Sean Beckton: $400,000
- Head football strength and conditioning coach Zach Duval: $400,000
- Quarterbacks coach Mario Verduzco: $375,000
- Defensive line coach Tony Tuioti: $375,000
- Inside linebackers coach Barrett Ruud: $225,000