The day we’ve been waiting for is finally here: Nebraska’s annual Red-White Spring Game. The spring game is sold out for the second year in a row, and the Huskers are also expecting an impressive group of signees, commits and recruiting targets on the sidelines (Premium).
Fans watching both at Memorial Stadium and at home can also expect to see some legitimate football on Saturday. Sure, the Huskers want to get out of the day healthy but they also want to ensure fans get to see the team in action. Coach Scott Frost gave a quick rundown of how the day will look earlier in the week.
“We’re going to play football,” Frost said on Wednesday. “We’re not going to have the whole team up and going. There’s some guys—and it’s going to be released today—that are going to be held out for a variety of injuries. Mostly little injuries. We want a chance to have an opportunity to compete.”
Frost also said the Huskers will divide the players into two teams, with the players who will only “play part of the game on one side with their backups and the rest of the team on the other side.”
Curious who might win? History is on the Red Team’s side, with the Red Team leading the series 42-15-1. The Red Team—led by quarterback Adrian Martinez—dominated the White Team 49-9 at last year’s spring game.
Nebraska spring game kick off, details
TV channel: Big Ten Network (Larry Punteney, Ameer Abdullah and Damon Benning)
Time: 1 p.m. CT
Date: Saturday, April 13
Live stream: BTN2Go
Radio: Huskers fans can listen to the Nebraska spring game on IMG Husker Sports Network with Greg Sharpe, Matt Davison, and Bredan Stai on the call. Internet radio will be available at Huskers.com and on the TuneIn app.
Location: Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, Nebraska
Weather: Sunshine and clouds mixed throughout the day. High of 56 degrees. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Nebraska spring game rosters
- Quarterbacks: SO Adrian Martinez, SO Noah Vedral, FR Luke McCaffrey
- Running backs: SR Wyatt Mazour, SR Austin Hemphill, rFR Brody Belt, rFR Connor Ruth
- Wide receivers: SR Mike Williams, SR Jaron Woodyard, JR Todd Honas, SO Kade Warner, SO Andrew Thurman, rFR Andre Hunt, FR Jamie Nance
- Tight ends: SO Austin Allen, SO Kurt Rafdal
- Offensive linemen: SR Christian Gaylord, JR Brenden Jaimes, JR Matt Farniok, JR John Raridon, JR Boe Wilson, SO Trent Hixson, SO Matt Sichterman, rFR Cameron Jurgens, rFR Will Farniok, rFR AJ Forbes
- Defensive linemen: SR Darrion Daniels, SR Khalil Davis, SR Carlos Davis, SR DaiShon Neal, SR Vaha Vainuku, JR Ben Stille, SO Damion Daniels, SO Deontre Thomas, rFR Casey Rogers
- Linebackers: SR Mohamed Barry, SR Alex Davis, SR Tyrin Ferguson, JR Collin Miller, JR JoJo Domann, JR Grant Jordan, SO Breon Dixon, rFR Simon Otte, rFR Joey Johnson, rFR Chris Cassidy, FR Garrett Nelson
- Defensive backs: SR Lamar Jackson, JR Dicaprio Bootle, SR Eric Lee Jr., JR Deontai Williams, JR Marquel Dismuke, JR Tony Butler, SO Cam Taylor, SO Lane McCallum
- Quarterbacks: JR Andrew Bunch, rFR Matt Masker, FR Luke McCaffrey
- Running backs: SO Jaylin Bradley, SO Corbin Ruth, rFR Miles Jones, rFR Moses Bryant
- Wide receivers: JR Ty Chaffin, SO Jaevon McQuitty, SO Christian Banker, SO Brandon Robbins, rFR Bennett Folkers, rFR Justin Holm, rFR Wyatt Liewer
- Tight ends: rFR Katerian LeGrone, rFR Bryson Krull
- Offensive linemen: SR Christian Gaylord, SR Nick Virka, JR John Raridon, JR Brian Perez, SO Matt Sichterman, SO Hunter Miller, SO Broc Bando, rFR Will Farniok, rFR AJ Forbes, rFR Mitchell Balenger
- Defensive linemen: SR DaiShon Neal, SR Vaha Vainuku, SR Fyn Anderson, SO Damian Jackson, SO Chris Walker, SO Ben Lingenfelter, rFR Casey Rogers, rFR Ryan Schommer, rFR Colton Feist, FR Brant Banks
- Linebackers: JR Quayshon Alexander, JR Pernell Jefferson, JR Spencer Jordan, JR Grant Jordan, SO Jordan Paup, rFR David Alston, rFR Simon Otte, rFR Jake Archer, rFR Joey Johnson, rFR Chris Cassidy, FR Garrett Nelson
- Defensive backs: SR Avery Anderson, SR Jeremiah Stovall, SR Reid Karel, JR Eli Sullivan, SO Ethan Cox, SO Chad Alioth Jr., rFR Isaiah Stalbird
For additional information and a full list of the players that will not participate in Saturday’s Red-White Spring Game, head on over here.