Heat up your crockpot and fight the cold weather this season! Amber Pankonin, Registered Dietician and Blogger at stirlist.com, shares her recipe for you to enjoy “Amber’s 3 Bean Game Day Chili.” Keep with the Nebraska tradition and enjoy your chili with some cinnamon rolls!
It may be a new year, but Tailgate Team members continue to win the same great prizes. Visit our site to sign up to receive free information about upcoming sweepstakes and giveaways.
- 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
- (2) 28 oz. cans petite diced tomatoes
- (2) 15 oz. cans pinto beans
- (1) 15 oz. can red kidney beans
- (1) 15 oz. can black beans
- 2 cups water
- (1) 7 oz. can diced green chiles
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Start by washing hands, assembling ingredients/utensils and preparing a clean workspace.
- Make sure crockpot is plugged in and stoneware is clean and properly placed in cooking chamber.
- Be sure that raw meat is properly thawed before placing in the crockpot.
- Recommended: Brown the ground beef before placing in the crockpot to reduce risk for foodborne illness and to enhance the flavor of the ground beef.
- First, add petite diced tomatoes and turn crockpot on high.
- Once the tomatoes have warmed, add ground beef and mix well.
- Add pinto beans, black beans and red kidney beans. Mix well.
- Add diced green chiles, two cups of water, chopped onion, chili powder and salt. Mix well.
- Cook on high heat for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally. You can also cook on low if you will be out for the day or if you’re using a less tender cut of meat.
- Optional: In serving with the Nebraska tradition, serve your chili with cinnamon rolls.
For more great recipes and grilling tips, visit tasteofthetailgate.com.