How to create your own BBQ Sauce
Owner and Pitmaster, Matt Burt of Phat Jack's BBQ in Lincoln, NE
Matt Burt, owner and Pitmaster of Phat Jack's BBQ in Lincoln, shares how to create your very own BBQ sauce. The colder months are a great time to experiment and perfect your game day recipe!
The grill might be tucked away for the winter, but a great BBQ sauce is always in season. Year-round, the Tailgate Team members continue to win the same great prizes. Visit our website to sign up for free and receive information about upcoming sweepstakes and giveaways.
- Brown Sugar
- Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- Black Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Start by washing hands, assembling ingredients/utensils and preparing a clean workspace.
- Combine your base ingredients of ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar.
- From there, add in seasonings of your choice- this is mixed to taste, so don't be afraid to try new things.
- Transfer your mix to a sauce pan, and bring to a slow boil for 30 minutes.
- Optional: Use a blender to smooth out any large pieces of onion or garlic.
- Let your sauce cool.
- Put it in a container and refrigerate
For more great recipes and grilling tips, visit tasteofthetailgate.com.