Pull ahead of the crowd by serving Sparky’s Pulled Pork Sliders at your next tailgate. Follow the grilling tips of Lincoln Fire Captain, Todd Morgan, by adding his signature “Sparky’s Wing & Dippin’ Sauce” to a delicious pulled pork. Add in your favorite condiments or let your party guests decide at your next tailgate!
Tailgate Team members continue to win great prizes each week including cutting mats, gift cards, barbeque sets and more! It’s free to join, and you’ll be among the first to know about upcoming Taste of the Tailgate’s sweepstakes and giveaways, as well as opportunities to win other great prizes. To sign up, visit our website.
- 1 4 lb. bone in pork roast (shoulder or butt roast recommended)
- 1 jar of Sparky’s Wing & Dippin’ Sauce
- Package of buns (slider buns recommended)
- Additional condiments of choice (ranch, mustard, cheese, etc.)
- Select a bone-in pork roast such as a shoulder or butt roast with a good amount of marble.
- Prepare roast in a crockpot on medium for 5-6 hours.
- When fully cooked, remove the bone. Drain and shred.
- Once you have your roast pulled apart, mix in one jar (or 12 oz.) of Sparky’s Wing & Dippin’ Sauce.
- Keep the meat warm, you can bring your crockpot of warm meat to your tailgate.
At the tailgate:
- Stir the meat every once and a while so the sauce doesn’t get too hot and stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Lightly coat each bun with Sparky’s wing sauce, and place them on your preheated tailgate grill (slider buns recommended).
- Remove the buns when they are lightly toasted (this should only take around one minute).
- Place the buns on a platter, and spoon in just enough pulled pork to cover the bun.
- At this time, add your favorite condiment (additional Sparky’s sauce, ranch, mustard, cheese, etc.) or leave bare for guests to add their own preference.