The colors of autumn tailgating season are here and the winds of change have arrived! Add some fall colors to your grill by serving up Taste of the Tailgate’s Sparky’s Wings. Add some extra heat in the chilly weather season by following these signature grilling tips listed below.
Plenty of great prizes have already been given away to our fans that have signed up for our Tailgate Team! Visit the Taste of the Tailgate website to sign up and receive special notices about drawings and giveaways, view additional grilling tips and recipes, and learn about other ways to win.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until they are golden brown
- Take wings out of the oven and drain excess oil
- Turn wings and place them back in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Place approximately 18 wings in a container or a large ziplock bag
- Pour one cup of Sparky’s wing sauce over the wings
- Shake and distribute the sauce throughout
At the tailgate:
- You will need to reheat the wings
- Place the wings on a medium to hot grill
- After a few minutes, start basting each wing with more Sparky’s wing sauce (use a basting brush and lightly coat each wing)
- Turn wings often to avoid burning the skin until the meat is cooked through to 165 degrees (or about ten minutes)
- Baste wings again
- Once the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crispy, coat with more Sparky’s wing sauce
For more great recipes and grilling tips, visit tasteofthetailgate.com.