Fire up your grills and get ready for the start of Nebraska football with Taste of the Tailgate’s Jalapeno/Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork Burgers! Make your tailgate stand out by using our signature recipe and grilling tips listed below.
Be sure to sign up for our Tailgate Team to receive special notices about drawings and giveaways, and remember to visit our Taste of the Tailgate website for other game day recipes, grilling tips, giveaways and more!
- 24 ounces ground pork
- 6 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos
- 6 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 thin slices purple onion
- 12 dill pickle slices
- 6 thin tomatoes slices
- 6 whole wheat buns
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Make 6- 4 ounce burger balls mixing in the salt and pepper and split in half, making two 2 ounce patties.
- Put 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno peppers on one of the split patties and 1 tablespoon of the blue cheese crumbles on the same patty.
- Spread and gently push the two ingredients into the patty.
- Place the other patty on top the patty with the blue cheese and the jalapenos and seal together. Making sure the inside ingredients are totally inside.
- Place on gas grill on medium high heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Take off burgers and let them rest for 3 minutes.
- Place the buns on the grill to toast them.
- Place burger on bottom bun add 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce (see recipe below), 1 tomato slice, 1 purple onion slice and 2 pickle slices. Then top with grilled bun.
- Place 3/4 ketchup, 2 chopped cloves of garlic, 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire, 1 1/4 tablespoon cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon black pepper for the sauce in a small pot and bring to a bubble on the side burner.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
For more great recipes and grilling tips, visit tasteofthetailgate.com.