With just days before the Huskers take the field for the first time in 2018, the defense met with the media to talk Blackshirts, excitement levels and more.
- 0:04: Defensive coordinator Erik Chinander on what UCF graduate transfer Tre Neal has brought to the defense
- 0:34: Junior corner Lamar Jackson on excitement to show the individual growth he's made this offseason
- 0:50: Sophomore defensive back JoJo Domann on returning from his knee injury
- 1:37: Special teams coordinator/outside linebacker coach Jovan Dewitt on picking between scholarship and walk-on guys when filling out special teams units
- 1:56: Chinander on handing out the Blackshirts
- 2:47: Bonus fun with senior wideout Stanley Morgan Jr. and Hail Varsity managing editor Brandon Vogel
Derek is a newbie on the Hail Varsity staff covering Husker athletics. In college, he was best known as ‘that guy from Twitter.’ He has covered a Sugar Bowl, a tennis national championship and almost everything in between (except an NCAA men’s basketball tournament game… *tears*). In his spare time, he can be found arguing with literally anyone about sports.