Nebraska held its second scrimmage of fall camp on Friday, which coach Scott Frost addressed during his post-practice media availability.
Frost also recapped the quarterback competition, which remains a two-man race between redshirt freshman Tristan Gebbia and freshman Adrian Martinez. There was also discussion about the running backs, preparation for Akron and the potential to put walk-on players on scholarship.
Fan Day was also briefly mentioned, which is scheduled for Saturday evening at Memorial Stadium. Frost joked the one day isn't unique for Huskers fans.
"Every day at Nebraska is Fan Day," Frost said.
Watch the full video of his question-and-answer session below.
- 0:20: Comparing the second scrimmage to the first one
- 1:37: Where Frost stands on the quarterback decision: "We're kind of down to a two-horse race now. Andrew Bunch has done some great things, but it's kind of down to to Gebbia and Martinez now. They take turns having really good days."
- 2:07: On a two-quarterback system
- 4:13: On starting the conversations for Akron prep and depth charts
- 4:40: On the running backs room: "The whole group has really improved. Ryan Held has done a good job with them."
- 5:45: Could Nebraska put a walk-on on scholarship soon? "We'll see. I can't wait to put my first walk-on on scholarship. It's going to be a happy day for me."
- 6:14: On the defense's performance in Friday's scrimmage
- 7:50: On the emphasis on special teams
- 8:20: On the former players that came to Friday's practice
- 8:56: Where is this team now in fall camp versus spring? "I know we're better. We're a lot better than we were in the spring. We're miles better than we were in January."
- 10:35: On Fan Day