With Maurice Washington bursting onto the scene at running back for the Huskers, it might be easy to lose track of junior college transfer Greg Bell. Well, Bell came up a lot Wednesday when the Husker offense met with the media.
Here are five of the best things we heard from the morning, including a lot of Bell with a little tight end flavor.
- 0:04: Offensive coordinator Troy Walters on the fall camp performance from Bell so far
- 0:29: Bell on the thing he's tried to work on the most — blocking
- 0:40: Running backs coach Ryan Held on Bell and the rest of the room's physicality
- 1:12: Redshirt freshman tight end Austin Allen on the play of redshirt sophomore Jack Stoll throughout fall camp
- 1:39: Held on the rotation at running back and how the staff will determine who plays and who doesn't
Derek is a newbie on the Hail Varsity staff covering Husker athletics. In college, he was best known as ‘that guy from Twitter.’ He has covered a Sugar Bowl, a tennis national championship and almost everything in between (except an NCAA men’s basketball tournament game… *tears*). In his spare time, he can be found arguing with literally anyone about sports.