Nebraska is just over one week away from the start of the 2018 season, and coach Scott Frost addressed the media once again following Friday's practice.
Frost shared the news that running back Tre Bryant has retired from football and that walk-ons Jacob Weinmaster, Bryan Reimers and Wyatt Mazour are now on scholarship. He also said there is no update on the quarterback competition, but hopes to make that decision over the weekend.
Frost also confirmed that Dominick Watt will go to junior college.
Watch the full video of his question-and-answer session below.
- 0:15: Tre Bryant update
- 0:49: Walk-ons now on scholarship are Jacob Weinmaster, Bryan Reimers and Wyatt Mazour
- 1:15: No quarterback decision yet, but likely to be decided over the weekend
- 1:55: Update on Thursday's situational scrimmage
- 2:41: Additional information on Bryant's status
- 3:19: Ankle also a concern this week with Bryant before decision made
- 4:10: On taking the QB decision into game week
- 4:54: Comparing the 1995 quarterback competition to 2018 – "I'm not sure Tommie [Frazier] and Brook [Berringer] were best friends. The guys in the quarterback room are friends."
- 5:50: On how the quarterbacks have handled the competition
- 7:01: On who the quarterbacks compare to in Frost's experience
- 7:17: Dominick Watt update
- 8:00: New kickoff rule
- 8:30: On the numbers at each position
- 9:09: On giving the walk-ons scholarships
- 9:55: Someone's phone ringing