With the first 30 minutes of practice open, the offense took center stage Wednesday for Nebraska as fall camp rolls through its first full week.
Offensive coordinator Troy Walters met with the media after practice to talk about a few intriguing newcomers, rising competition and the offense's ceiling. You can read reports from the morning here and here and get a feel for what practice looked like here and here.
- 0:05: Walters on the uptick in competition with all of the Huskers' new arrivals
- 0:34: Walters on wideout Mike Williams and what his ability in the weight room says about his work ethic
- 1:09: Walters on the benefit of increased competition
- 1:24: Walters on running back Maurice Washington
- 1:52: Walters on whether or not the Husker offense can be more dangerous than people expect this season
Derek is a newbie on the Hail Varsity staff covering Husker athletics. In college, he was best known as ‘that guy from Twitter.’ He has covered a Sugar Bowl, a tennis national championship and almost everything in between (except an NCAA men’s basketball tournament game… *tears*). In his spare time, he can be found arguing with literally anyone about sports.