COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio State's Drue Chrisman punted four times on Saturday for a total of 191 yards. Chrisman averaged 47.8 yards per punt. His longest punt was 59 yards and he placed two within the 20 yard line.
This isn't a story about Chrisman though. It's instead a story about Ohio State and its punting, which Nebraska had not seen since Oct. 6, 2012. That's right. The last time a Buckeye team punted the ball against the Huskers was six years ago.
A lot has happened in those six years, especially for the Huskers. For posterity's sake, let's review what has happened in Husker Nation since the last time Ohio State punted against Nebraska:
- Nebraska football fired (and hired!) two head coaches.
- Nebraska hired and fired former athletic director Shawn Eichorst.
- Bonus fact: Eichorst was hired two days before Ohio State's four punts against Nebraska in 2012.
- Nebraska hired current athletic director Bill Moos.
- Nebraska volleyball won two national titles (2015, 2017).
- Memorial Stadium opened its doors in 2016 for fans of Pokémon Go.
- Nebraska women's basketball fired coach Connie Yori in 2016 and hired coach Amy Williams.
- Of note, Yori led the team to the NCAA Sweet Sixteen in 2013.
- When Williams was hired, her first team went 7-22 in 2016-17. The Huskers then went 21-11 in 2017-18, earning her the Big Ten Coach of the Year title.
- Nebraska men's basketball went to the first round of the NCAA tournament in 2014 for the first time since 1998. The Huskers did not win that game.
- Pinnacle Bank Arena opened for its very first event (a Michael Buble concert) on September 13, 2013.
- The men's and women's basketball teams debuted in the new arena on November 8, 2013.
- Nebraska volleyball left the Nebraska Coliseum for the renovated Bob Devaney Sports Center in 2013.
- The 'Calibraska' recruiting movement was born. And then died.
- Cather and Pound residence halls were demolished in December 2017.
- Nebraska football had four different quarterbacks: Taylor Martinez, Tommy Armstrong, Tanner Lee and Adrian Martinez
- Nebraska removed the stripe from its football pants.
- Nebraska soccer moved to the new Hibner Stadium in 2015.
- The strain. Do you see it?
And just for fun, here are a few non-Nebraska events that took place during that timeframe:
- The Chicago Cubs won the World Series
- The Cleveland Cavaliers won an NBA title.
- Las Vegas got a hockey team.
- The Big Ten got rid of the iconic Legends and Leaders divisions, in favor of East and West.
- Two horses won the Triple Crown: American Pharoah (2015), and Justify (2018). The last time before those two? 1978.