Posting on the forums
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly:
- False and/or defamatory
- Sexually oriented
- Invasive of a person’s privacy
- Thread Hijacking (knowingly redirecting the subject of a thread)
- Post padding (posting for the sole purpose of increasing post count)
- Trolling (posting to purposefully antagonize other posters)
- An attempt to get around the profanity filter
- Removal of moderator/staff edits from post
- Otherwise in violation of any law
When a post is found to contain any of the above violations that post is subject to removal and the poster is subject to further action (See Moderator Actions).
Revealing personal information about others will not be tolerated. Hail Varsity has a zero tolerance policy for anyone who posts private or defamatory information on this forum without the consent of the parties involved. This includes, but is not limited to, posters on this forum, athletes/staff/officials of the University of Nebraska, business owners etc.
The forums at Hail Varsity are moderated because we feel that it is necessary to maintain the health of this community. The moderators at Hail Varsity have the ability to do a combination of three things when reacting to a post or other user action on the site. The moderator can:
- Remove or edit the post.
- Warn the user that a post or subject has violated the User Agreement and Posting Policy.
- The poster may have their posting privileges suspended for 1 hour, 3 hours, 12 hours, 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, or permanently. The length of the suspension is determined by the severity of the action, and/or the user’s moderation history.
Posters that have been frequently moderated may be subject to longer suspensions per occurrence. Moderation questions are to be directed through our contact page. Please allow 48 hours for a response.
The moderators of Hail Varsity take the voting function seriously. The intent of the voting function is to draw moderator attention to a thread or post for review. If it is determined that the thread or post is in violation of our posting policy moderation action will be taken. However, if it is determined that the thread or post is not in violation of our posting policy the votes will be removed and the thread or post will remain. We encourage all users to take advantage of our voting function. It is our most reliable tool in maintaining the health of this community.
In the event that a post has remained up beyond a reasonable amount of time, correspondence is to be directed through our contact page to inform us of the thread in question. A link to the thread is helpful in expediting the review process.
Hail Varsity will not tolerate hateful speech, degrading remarks, or personal attacks made about other posters, athletes/coaches/faculty at the University of Nebraska, or anyone else.
Due to the size, scope and diversity of this forum, subjects that elicit differing opinions and passionate beliefs will undoubtedly be posted. Please remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Refrain from attacking users in a malicious manner because of their opinions and remember to direct your disagreement at a poster’s argument and not at the poster as a person. Many good threads have been derailed in the past because they have devolved from constructive debate into name calling.
Criticisms of coaches or administrators at the University of Nebraska needs to be kept to their official capacities as coach or administrator. Attacking these individuals personally is not an appropriate discourse on this forum. This includes calling for the firing of a coach or administrator. In no way does this mean that we agree with the performance of a coach, or are hedging our alignment with a coaching staff or athletic department.
Posting pictures and hyperlinks
All images need to be work safe. This means no nudity, partial nudity, or pornographic images will be allowed on the site. All posts of this nature will be removed as soon as possible, and will result in an immediate suspension from the forums.
Anything hyperlinked on the Hail Varsity forum that is directed to a site with inappropriate material will be considered by our moderators as being posted directly onto our forums. If you link to a site that has inappropriate content you can be suspended per our posting policies.
Content published in any of the Hail Varsity premium forums is not to be posted on any other Hail Varsity forum, or other sites on the internet. Users found to be posting premium content from Hail Varsity may be subject to a suspension.
Premium material being shared on the other forums is not permitted. You have paid for the right to participate in those forums, but that does not mean you’re permitted to share that information with anyone you please.
We also ask that our users refrain from posting premium content on Hail Varsity from other sites as well. Users found to be posting premium content from other sites may be subject to a suspension.
Each person is entitled to one username per email account. Users found to have numerous “sock puppets” will face moderator action and possible loss of posting privileges. Usernames found to be inappropriate by Hail Varsity will be suspended, and the account holder will need to contact customer support for renaming the user account and reinstatement of posting privileges.
Using a “sockpuppet” to get around a suspension will result in a ban for the sockpuppet account, and a lengthened suspension for the original account.
Accounts may not be shared. If an account is found to be shared among more than one person, an indefinite suspension will be placed on the account until the user contacts customer support.
Usernames cannot directly reflect the name of a business or organization that is not a current advertiser without explicit, prior permission from Hail Varsity.
A username may be changed with good reason and at a reasonable frequency by emailing customer support. Provide the username you wish to change, the email address on the account, and a brief reason as to why you wish to change the username.
Please note that advertisements (including promotion of other sites on the Internet), chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations will not be tolerated on this forum. This includes forum postings, links, signature lines and private messages. The only posters who are permitted to function in this way have been pre-approved by the administrators at Hail Varsity as paying advertisers.
If a service is requested by a poster on the forums it is permissible to give contact information in response to that specific request.
If you are interested in advertising on Hail Varsity please contact us.
You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by Hail Varsity. If it is learned/suspected that copyrighted material has been posted on Hail Varsity by a user, the following steps will be taken: The copyrighted material will be removed via either the deletion or edit of the post in which it is contained.
- The incident will be logged in order to track repeated violations by a given user.
- The material should be republished only if said material is confirmed to NOT be in violation of a copyright.
- The user will be contacted and informed not to post copyrighted material.
- Repeat offenders will be banned from further postings.
When posting an article on Hail Varsity we would ask that you don’t simply copy and paste the entire article onto our site. Simply post an excerpt of what the article is about, and then link to the original article.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
To cancel the auto-renewal of a subscription prior to the renewal date, log in to HailVarsity.com, select Settings from the top-right menu, select Cancel Auto-Renew, confirm the action by selecting Yes.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled and some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to our product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.