The Nebraska athletic department named six former student-athletes to the Nebraska Athletics Hall of Fame on Wednesday. The six individuals are:
• Bob Brown, Football (1961-63)
• Karen (Dahlgren) Schonewise, Volleyball (1983-86)
• Denise Day, Softball (1982-85)
• Rich Glover, Football (1970-72)
• Dave Hoppen, Men’s Basketball (1983-86)
• Scott Johnson, Men’s Gymnastics (1980-83)
The group boasts two Honda Award winners, three individual national titles, six team national championships, 19 All-America accolades and four CoSIDA Academic All-America honors. All six have either had their Nebraska jersey retired or have been enshrined in their sport’s hall of fame. That includes Brown, who is a member of the College and Pro Football hall of fame, and Johnson, who is a member of both the U.S. Gymnastics and the U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame.
The class will be formally inducted in the Nebraska Athletics Hall of Fame on Friday, Oct. 13. They will then be recognized the next day during Nebraska football’s game against Ohio State.
For more on the latest inductees, head here.